Spend the summer abroad at one of our international partner institutions and take part in one of their exciting programs. Experience another culture through academic courses, cultural excursions and activities.
These short-term, international programs are an excellent way to enrich your academic live and get to know a different culture. Here is how it works:
Research, Preparation & Application
- Please review each summer abroad opportunity (scroll down for list) for program details, fees, application requirements and deadlines and decide on what exciting opportunity you would like be part of. Some of our partner institutions offer tuition deductions or even free tuition to some of our students. Only in case you would like to be nominated for one of the complimentary/ reduced tuition spots, please prepare a letter of motivation and upload it in the Expression of Interest form.
- Fill out the Summer Abroad - Expression of Interest form by February 15. RRU's Education Abroad Advisor will connect with you once you have submitted your information.
- Depending on the summer abroad program, you may be eligible to receive transfer credits if pre-approved by your program head. Gather the program information (including course descriptions) and make an appointment with your program head for review and pre-approval.
- Request a letter of permission to study at another University while being registered at RRU through your MyAdmin Account. The letter needs to be approved and processed by your program area.
- Prepare your application documents as required and submit them to the partner institution. Contact us if you need assistance with the application process.
Upon Acceptance to the Program
Congratulations on your acceptance! Just a few more things before you take off on your summer abroad adventure:
Review the visa requirements of your destination country by checking the country’s embassy website. Depending on your country of citizenship, you may have to travel to Vancouver or another city to obtain a visa. Make sure your passport is up to date!
Travel and Health Insurance
Make sure you have adequate travel and health insurance for your time abroad!
Other Considerations, Resources and Waiver
Important Resources and Information can be found in our pre-departure guides. Make sure to review them and contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Submit the following forms to RRU’s Education Abroad Coordinator before you leave for your semester exchange:
During your Summer Abroad Program
Stay in touch! We want to know how you are doing and hear all about your global adventures. Inspire your fellow and future RRU students to take the life-changing leap to take their education abroad. Blog about your experience on our RRU Go Global Padlet - We are excited to hear all about it!
Welcome back! You are now officially a Study Abroad alumni. Make the most of your experience and become an RRU Go Global Ambassador to inspire other students and make an impact in their lives. If your program head pre-approved any transfer credits for the program you attended, make sure you receive an official transcript from the partner institution and submit the sealed envelope to the Registrar’s Office to receive the transfer credit as discussed.